Monday, August 10, 2015

8Cuts: Meat Our Blends

A couple of weeks back before my trip of a lifetime to Barcelona, 8Cuts surprised me with a dinner for me, my folks, and my boyfriend Mykee. We've always loved 8Cuts. We started going to Burger Bar in Greenbelt when it first opened alongside Namnam, and now we happily dine at 8Cuts whenever we can.





It was a full house that Saturday night, as expected, but we had a cozy little table reserved for us at the UP Town branch. We all had our own set of favourites, but we took the chance that night to try out new items on the menu that we weren't too familiar with.

Clockwise: Nachos with Artichoke Dip, Mozzarella Sticks, 
Buttermilk Chicken Tenders, Chocolate Truffle Caked Shake

Out of the 4 goodies above, I've only had the Chicken Tenders. I'm happy to say that I've found a new staple order in the Mozzarella Sticks! They were so soft and gooey when you sliced through them. The fresh mozzarella oozes out of the casing like a hot slice of pizza stringing out a foot or two of cheese before it reaches your plate. The Nachos with Artichoke Dip, and the Tenders were also pleasant starters. The latter was served with tangy aioli and bbq sauce. The shake was definitely meant for sharing. I was skeptic at first because I thought the sweetness would put my tastebuds off from the meal because dessert is eaten last. To my surprise, it blended perfectly with all the savory appetizers. It actually cleanses the palette in between bites with its bittersweet taste. Plus, the cake chunks were fun to eat/drink through the straw. 

I have to commend the branch manager, Mr. Dan Asuncion, for assisting us that night. He welcomed us to our table, and personally took our orders. Since we wanted to try out new items, we asked for his recommendations. All of which were a hit at our table. He suggested we get some waffle cut fries to go alongside our mains.

Waffle Cut Fries with Chili and Cheese

Dan said that this was one of his favourites, so we entrusted him with our belly space and got the fries above. My folks were all over this dish! The chili wasn't spicy or too overwhelming. The fries themselves had their own rub that went perfectly with the toppings, which the waffle cut perfect held up.

My forever staple: The Q-Daddy Burger

"A quarter-pounder OX Blend patty of flank, oxtail and rib eye with yellow cheddar, onion tanglers, crisp bacon strips, iceberg lettuce, tomato, jalapeno ranch and sweetly spiced BBQ sauce all on a Sesame Seed Bun."
I know, I know. I said I'd order something new, but with a description like that, how could I not go with the one true burger that understands me? And because everyone was hungry, they all dug into their own burgers already haha! For the record though, my aunt got the Piggy, and my dad and Mykee got Hangover burgers.

They say there's always room for dessert: Blueberry Cheesecake

But apparently, there's magically enough room for more
appetizers too: More Waffle Cut Fries, and Shrimp Poppers

So we went a little overboard that night and got more appetizers... for dessert. Don't look at us with those judge-y eyes though! I know you guys get that sweet-salty craving every once in a while too haha!


Needless to say, we were all stuffed after our grand dinner. I was so happy that I got to celebrate my trip with my folks and my boyfriend. Thank you to 8Cuts, the Moment Group, Mr. Dan Asuncion, and Ms. Jem Reyes for making that wonderful night possible!

8 Cuts Burger Blends
UP Town Center, Katipunan Ave
Loyola Heights, Quezon City
(02) 955-2264

No comments:

Post a Comment