Thursday, October 17, 2013

AirAsia Zest, The Right Way to Fly

If you could go to any place in the world at this very moment, where would you go? Would you hit local shores and kick it right here in the motherland? There's plenty of beautiful sights to see in the Philippines. We do have 7,107 islands after all. Or would you be a little more adventurous and let your curiosity take you to an international destination?

Thanks to AirAsia and Zest Air's new partnership, you don't have to keep dreaming any longer.







Last September, the Philippines hit a milestone with the marriage of AirAsia and Zest Air. With the same world class quality that these two heavyweights have to offer, it comes as no surprise that the two would eventually find each other. Thanks to AirAsia in Manila, now not only can you fly to both domestic and international flights, but you can do so at unbeatably low prices.

Given the chance myself, my top three destinations would have to be Kalibo (Boracay), Shanghai (China), and Incheon (South Korea).

Lezgo to the beach, beach!
Station 2, Boracay

I know Boracay's the default go-to spot for anyone itching for a beach trip. For years, it's attracted many visitors, both local and foreign, to its smooth white sand beaches. Some people say it's overrated, but I'd like to think differently. I've been coming back to Boracay with family over the years for good summer vacations. Its sunny rays and cool waves never fail to cure stress from the city. This time around though, I'd like to take my boyfriend, +Mykee. We haven't really gone out of town yet, and this would be a great opportunity to take him somewhere new to just enjoy the view, and each others' company. It'll definitely be a good rest from the hustle and bustle that Manila has to offer. We could just walk aimlessly on the shore, try out the infamous Chori Burger over fresh fruit shakes at Jonah's, and admire the unbeatable Philippine sunset. Sure it sounds cheesy, but that's exactly how I picture our first out of town trip together.

How can you beat the view? I feel at home already.
Shanghai, China

One more destination to cross off my bucketlist.
Incheon, South Korea

For Shanghai and Incheon, I'd take my dad. He's always been my best travel buddy. He's given me everything I've ever needed and more, so this time I'd like to turn the tables around and take him out on a trip. It would be a first because I've never been able to fly ourselves out of the country. Plus, we're both strangers to Shanghai and Incheon. It'd be a really great bonding experience for both of us. And I'd like to take that opportunity to take him out this time around. Before my dad had me, he wanted to be a pilot to fly all over the world and see all the wonderful sights it had to offer. With family, priorities changed. Twenty-three years later, I can tell from the joyous look in his face whenever we'd spot a plane fly overhead, that his dream is still in full motion. I asked him if he ever regretted not being able to fulfill his ambitions of being a pilot. He says it's never come to mind because he had me instead, and that was more than he could ever pray for. I'm thankful for having him as a father. He's always been the best role model for me. So with these trips, I'd like to take the chance to fly him out to places I know he would love to see.

Because of +AirAsiaPhilippines, I know that both my travel goals would now be possible. AirAsia Zest can fly you to Cebu, Davao, Kalibo (Boracay), Puerto Princesa, Tagbilaran, and Cagayan de Oro. Of course, they're also well known for their international flights, which include Kuala Lumpur, Kota Kinabalu, Shanghai, and Incheon.

Their sweet new logo.

For updates on great flight deals, like AirAsiaPhilippines on Facebook or follow @AirAsiaPH on Twitter.
*Photos taken from Wikipedia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment