Saturday, October 12, 2013

Órale! Taqueria Mexicana

Ask me what my favourite Mexican restaurants are, and Órale's sure to shoot up the list. It's been around for two years, give or take. Fairly new, but with a good following to boot. I've heard patrons say that it's as authentic as one can get without having to fly to Mexico for a filling meal. 

¡Vamanos!

Their serving size is pretty big. You could share a big burrito with a friend, or gulp the whole thing down by your lonesome (whatever floats your boat. I won't judge). I usually get the enchiladas. 

en·chi·la·da

 noun \ˌen-chə-ˈlä-də\
: a Mexican food that consists of a flat piece of bread (called a tortilla) that is rolled around a meat, bean, or cheese filling and covered with a sauce

A Wet Burrito on the upper left and
my beautiful Enchilada on the lower right.

 No, I have no proper picture of the enchilada, because I pig out immediately after ordering and forget all my worldly problems, including a #foodstagram.

Carne Asada Nachos.
Regular Php275
Grande Php375

Carnitas Tacos.
Dos Php245
Tres Php345

I'm not much of a drinker, but what's Mexican food without
a cold Corona and lime to wash everything down?

Here's the rest of their menu. A hand-painted menu, I might add.

The food at Órale is something else. It's all so flavourful and cheesy without being overwhelming. Everything is served hot to your liking. What ties everything together is the great interiors. Everything in this place is pretty much hand-painted. From the wall murals, to the service numbers, to the menu. It all looks so beautiful, warm, and bright. It's enough for you to break out into an epic Carlos Santana guitar riff.

See any familiar faces?

Textured concrete walls make for cozy hole-in-the-wall vibes.

More seats outside.

Quirky little details can be found all over the restaurant.

The best part of the place though for me has to be their photo op window. It keeps guests entertained while waiting for their orders. It also provides comic relief for you and your buddies after a few Coronas during that after-work dinner.

Before I became the ginger kumquat I'm known for today.

You can try out Órale for yourself. It's both barkada and family friendly.

Órale Taqueria Mexicana
G/F The Fort Strip, 7th cor. 26th St.
552 - 2660

No comments:

Post a Comment